What is social media??
Social media are computer-mediated technologies that facilitate the creation and sharing of information, ideas, career interests and other forms of expression via virtual communities and networks.
Social Media Stats of 2018
- We like to share everything. The average internet user has 8.6 social media accounts.
- During Q1 of 2018, the total number of social media users are 137 million.
- People spending a lifetime average of 7years and 2months on social media.
- Facebook will lose 3million users under the age of 20-25 this year because Data privacy happened in 2018.
- Everyone thinks the U.S.A has the highest number of Facebook users? NO! India beats the USA out by about 45 million users of Facebook.
- Totally 10 billion videos are viewed by Facebook users daily.
- In June 2018 Instagram reported it had hit the 1 billion users worldwide.
- 80% of all Instagram users are outside U.S. A, according to Instagram Official confirmation. This means big global ad revenue in the market.
- Instagram users “like” over 5.7 billion posts per day.
- Instagrammers share 5 million posts per hour.
- 154 million YouTube monthly viewers worldwide.
- Hours of video watched daily on YouTube is more than 1.2 billion.
- 83% of Twitter users use Twitter from their smartphone.
- 52% of male users use Twitter, whereas 36% of Female users use Twitter.